A new Container Loading module has been added to LoadmatePlus. This is designed to handle the special requirements of loading cellular container ships, where containers are stowed in bays fitted with guides. In addition to the following special features for containerships, all the features of the standard program are supported (see LoadmatePlus).
- BAPLIE (Bayplan/Stowageplan occupied and empty location message). This message is intended for use by ship owners, tonnage centres, terminal operators, shipping lines, etc. The message describes containers existing on-board a vessel or/and containers to be loaded at the port of call. LoadmatePlus can both read and write a BAPLIE (EDI) file. When reading the file the program checks whether the container slots specified, are available and, if not, a container assigned to the slot will be rejected. Version SMDG/2.0 of the EDIFACT/BAPLIE format is supported by the program. BAPLIE is an international standard EDIFACT messages defined by SMDG.
- Container loading process. A dialog for adding containers presents the user with a list of available slots based on container size and whether containers are to be loaded in the holds or on deck. Any number of containers can be loaded and the program will automatically fill the available slots in sequence until no more empty slots remain. The container type, loading and destination ports, can also be given. The program assumes the standard numbering of bays, tiers and rows. 20ft bays have odd numbers and 40ft bays even numbers and, for example, 40ft bay 2 would overlap 20ft bays 1 and 3, and, if a 40ft slot was occupied, then the equivalent slots in the 20ft bays, would not be available.
- Loading Diagram. Each individual container is displayed in the on screen loading diagram. 20ft containers are coloured light brown and 40ft containers, light green. The user can also zoom in to view particular parts of the loading diagram in more detail:
- Stability. Intact stability is checked against the IMO Intact Stability (IS) Code for containerships (Section 4.9) and weather criterion (Section 3.2). When determining the wind force, the extra lateral area of deck containers, is automatically included.
- Reports. A full loading condition report can be output, including the loading diagram. Bay contents and included in the loading table:
For more information see the LoadmatePlus User Guide.
For a demo, check the “Request a demo” option on the Contact form. Download instructions will be sent to your email address, so this must be valid.